Friday, March 15, 2013

Sweet Stories Tags

tags

I’ve been digital paper piecing with my Silhouette Portrait again.  This time I used Nancie Rowe Janitz’s Sweet Stories 1 Kit (now available at jessicasprague.com) to piece together the “She Sprouted Bitty Wings” stamp from Unity Stamp Company on the tag on the right in the above image (see digital paper piecing process from this blog post). 

The tag on the left was put together using pieces from Sweet Stories 1 with bits and pieces from other Nancie Rowe Janitz kits.

tag2lg

tag1

With both tags, I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads using various colors, mostly black soot but also pumice, wild honey, and peeled paint.  I added some machine stitching to both tags.  To tie them off, I tied them with serged fabric I had lying around from previous sewing/serging projects.  The Unity stamp was printed-and-cut from cardstock and then mounted to a chipboard piece that was cut using my Silhouette Portrait.  After it was pieced together, it was mounted to the tag with dimensional pop-dots to give it even more dimension.  Glossy accents were applied to the flowers and heart in the above tag.

nrj-sweetstories1Click on the above collection image to be taken directly to the product pages at jessicasprague.com.

No comments: