Saturday, March 09, 2013

Color Combos Galore Combo #235: Yummy!

235.cr_card

For my focus this week, I selected Inspiration Photo #1/Focus on Texture: Dry Embossing to emboss the base of my card using a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Moroccan Screen. I also embossed the cone of the ice cream to mimic a real cone using an old Sizzix Texture Plate.
I pulled other Inspiration from Inspiration Photo #2: frames (idea: frames in carousel); and Inspiration Photo #3: Silhouette die cut (idea: tag border patterns)

I filled the shapes that make up the card with the color RGB values from the challenge in the Silhouette software and processed them as a print-and-cut. I love how the seafoam turned out.  It’s such a pretty color.

Would you get the message I was sending if you received this card from me?  If you knew me pretty well, you’d know how much I love ice cream AND that I’m sending you a triple scoop of my love.  If I loved you a lot, you’d receive a gift certificate with the card for Munnerlyn’s Ice Creamery in Pine Grove, CA.

CCG_235

Clicking on the above inspiration board will take you to details for this week’s challenge at Color Combos Galore.

NOTE: Remember when uploading your projects to list which Focus On Challenge was the basis for your page and other inspiration taken, if any.  This week’s tag when uploading to the Color Combos Galore Photo Gallery or Splitcoaststampers is CCG235. Projects not tagged as such will not show up in the slideshow at the bottom of this week’s Reveal.
This is WEEK TWO of MARCH.
Deadline is the last day of the month: March 31, 2013

No comments: