Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mouse Pad Makeover—it needed it!

mouse after

Whew! Way better.  Below is a picture of what my mouse pad looked like before.  I can’t believe I’ve been using my mouse on that thing.

mouse beforeSee--Not at all cute was it?  It’s much better now that I’ve added some Unity beauty to it which was paired with an exquisite patterned print by Nancie Rowe Janitz.

To do this, I outlined the shape of the mouse pad with a sharpie on some white cardstock, scanned it into my computer, filled the shape with pretty images, and made it a cut file in Silhouette Studio. Then I printed-and-cut it with my Silhouette Cameo onto their printable cotton canvas which just happens to be sticky-backed.  Easy-peas-y-OH-so-pleas-y.  I just stuck it right over the old image on the mouse pad.  Now it’s lovely!! 

Mouse Pad Makeover Supplies List

Old yucky mouse pad

Love You Just the Way You Are and Girl of the Moment stamp sets from Unity Stamp Company which were scanned into my computer, colored with various brushes in Sketchbook Pro 6, and filled into the mouse pad shape in Photoshop Elements where the sentiment was resized and Nancie’s print from Scrap Arts Start 7 (available at jessicasprague.com) was added in the shape.  The entire image was then saved as a png, traced and was made a cut file in Silhouette Studio, and then printed-and-cut with my Silhouette Cameo and Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550) onto printable cotton canvas which was then adhered to the top of the OLD mouse pad.

This was a very rewarding project.  In the past, when I’ve used the printable cotton canvas from Silhouette, it’s stood the test of time and wear and tear.  Remember the tablet case I made over using it?  That was around six months or so ago and it’s still intact and looking great.  Try it.  You’ll like it, I promise.

No comments: