Thursday, February 06, 2014

Life is Not Measured Chipboard Tag

life is not measured lg

It was about time for a tag I think. 

When Silhouette America had their Thanksgiving weekend sale (not sure how long it lasted), I was lucky enough to upgrade my Portrait to a Cameo. Also during that sale, I purchased a few other items to try. Their 12-x-12-inch chipboard was one of the purchases and I’m glad I got some.  The machine cuts it like butter AND it’s pretty sturdy, too.  With that said, I can cut a few tags at once from chipboard with toppers and have them on hand for when I feel like making a tag or two.  That was today!  I LOVE my tags to have a chipboard feel to them.

Life is Not Measured Chipboard Tag Supplies List

The sentiment used on the tag is from Unity Stamp Company’s November 2013 Kit of the Month.

Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplates Die by Sizzix (cut using my Silhouette Cameo from patterned paper and chipboard); Aged Mahogany, Pumice Stone, and Vintage Photo Distress Ink was applied to the edges of the tag.  Vintage Photo Distress Ink was applied to the edges of the tag topper.

Basic Grey’s True Love Patterned Paper Pack 1 (available at jessicasprague.com) was used for the backgrounds of the tag topper and tag.  These elements were printed-and-cut using my Silhouette Cameo and Matte Photo Paper from Staples.  Also used was a patterned paper from Playful Papers Set, a digital kit by Nancie Rowe Janitz (available at jessicasprague.com), in the frame for the sentiment.

The tag topper shape (decorative tab set) and frame shape for the stamped sentiment (nesting labels) are by Silhouette America. As mentioned previously, the tag base is chipboard purchased through Silhouette.

The framed sentiment was adhered to the chipboard tag using my Singer Futura’s zigzag stitch and brown embroidery thread. By sewing the side of the frame to the tag it created a hinge, so that I could tuck something behind the sentiment like a photo, a heart shape, etc. I love that feature and am saving it for another day.

Heavy duty jute from the hardware store was applied to the tag by tying a bow.

1 comment:

Lawn Care Hartford said...

Grateful for sharing this post