This weeks challenge over at The Stamping Boutique Challenge Blog is to use glitter. Come take a peek at what the DT came up with to get you going with using glitter on your stamping projects.
The above picture shows my submission to this week’s challenge using #355 Rainbow Journal Digital Stamp from The Stamping Boutique with a sentiment from the Silhouette America Online Store, Project Life Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste Mini Kit (available at Digital Project Life) for paper piecing, and a card base I welded using the rainbow shape to extend beyond the edges of the card in Silhouette Studio. The scalloped frame is also available at the Silhouette America Online Store. The rainbow was colored using Sketchbook Pro 6 with their airbrush.
For the glitter challenge, I used Tim Holtz’s Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter on the clouds by applying some Glossy Accents to the clouds using my finger, pouring the glitter over the top, shaking off the excess, and setting the clouds aside for a while to dry before adhering them to my card with 3D Zots.
If you want to take part in the challenge and win some Stamping Boutique goodies, the requirements are quite simple:
1. Your project must follow the theme.
2. You can enter a card, scrapbook layout, altered item, etc...
3. It must be a new creation.
4. Please connect to the actual blog post where your project is located.
5. If your card is chosen as WINNER and you have used an image from The Stamping Boutique, then you win three digital stamp images from The Stamping Boutique. If you have used another image, you can win two digital stamp images from The Stamping Boutique.
This challenge ends on March 6 at 5:00 pm EST.
Here’s the link to this week’s challenge: http://thestampingboutiquechallengeblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/challenge-6-use-glitter_28.html.
Remember: Have FUN with glitter!