Monday, January 21, 2013

Me & You Pillow Set (Stenciling Fabric with my Silhouette Portrait)

IMG_2336

you and me with peace

you and me lg

Last week I experimented using a fabric pen in my Silhouette Portrait with a digital brush set and experienced success.  Remember this post?

This week, I wanted to experiment using a stencil cut by my Silhouette Portrait.  Again, MORE success!  I used one of Nancie Rowe Janitz’s upcoming Valentine Words brush sets.  The words were sized to accommodate the pillows in PSE and saved as a png file.  Using the Silhouette software, I retrieved them and cut them from cardstock.  Once I had my fabric cut, I sprayed the back of each cardstock stencil with repositionable spray adhesive, so that it would stay in place on my fabric without slipping.  I used a brayer to position them in place really well.  Textile Medium was added to acrylic paint to make my own fabric paint.  To apply the paint to the fabric, I used a foam brush and in no time at all, about a couple of hours, I had this entire set of pillows sewn and stuffed. 

No comments: