Last week I experimented using a fabric pen in my Silhouette Portrait with a digital brush set and experienced success. Remember this post?
This week, I wanted to experiment using a stencil cut by my Silhouette Portrait. Again, MORE success! I used one of Nancie Rowe Janitz’s upcoming Valentine Words brush sets. The words were sized to accommodate the pillows in PSE and saved as a png file. Using the Silhouette software, I retrieved them and cut them from cardstock. Once I had my fabric cut, I sprayed the back of each cardstock stencil with repositionable spray adhesive, so that it would stay in place on my fabric without slipping. I used a brayer to position them in place really well. Textile Medium was added to acrylic paint to make my own fabric paint. To apply the paint to the fabric, I used a foam brush and in no time at all, about a couple of hours, I had this entire set of pillows sewn and stuffed.