Thursday, June 14, 2012

Binded ATC-Style Mini Album + Cards . . .

crobinson.blogMISM061812lg

We had lots of seriously fun activities going on at school and in our household this past May, from field trips to an annular eclipse.  So I decided to make a mini album.  I didn’t want anything too complicated, just iPhone pictures with page titles.  No fuss.  Jodie Lee’s Art Journal Printable ATC Cards (available soon at jessicasprague.com) were just what I needed.  I printed the PDF twice for the pages and went to work creating this simple mini by cropping and adhering the pieces to chipboard and binding it with my Bind-It-All using 3/4-inch rings. This size was fun and NO STRESS.  Best of all, it fit in the hands of my children and they loved flipping through the pages.  Also, the title/page titles were pretty easy, too.  I printed the title/page titles out, placed the paper on a light box, and adhered popsicle sticks to the back.  Then I used my craft knife to cut away the excess paper and filed the sides, etc., to give it a shabby-like look.  The popsicle sticks gave the album just enough weight and dimension.

Below are some images of cards I completed recently but just haven’t posted to my blog yet.  I hope you enjoy looking at them.  The one just below this uses my favorite Jenni Bowlin papers from her Farmers Wife Collection at jessicasprague.com.  The second card uses papers from her Tangerine Dream Collection at jessicasprague.com.  TFL!

crobinson.mism52812lg

crobinson.052312lg

No comments: