Monday, January 27, 2014

Braceface with NEW Maggie Holmes Mini!

braceface lg

A little over a month ago, our Gwen got braces.  Much to our surprise, she’s been smiling ear-to-ear with them ever since.  Braceface has become our little nickname for Gwen and she’s embraced it as well. The layout above is a great representation of how she’s been smiling with her newest accessory.  Today is the arrival of the Maggie Holmes Mini Kit to Digital Project Life.  What a perfect kit to help us memorialize the essence of our Braceface.  This mini kit includes florals, butterflies, and bright vibrant colors that mix well with all of your photos. Also included are CUTE vintage camera and typewriter images. You can get this kit for 20% off the regular price until Sunday, February 2, 2014.  Digital Project Life’s Just Add Color is a kit that I’ve been using to help embellish my layouts and cards, and I think pairs well with Maggie Holmes Mini Kit. I used a sketch I found at the Studio Calico blog for the layout above.  Here’s a link to that sketch: http://www.studiocalico.com/blog/2014/1/12/sunday-sketch-i-christine

Braceface Layout Supplies

The sketch I used for the layout I found at Studio Calico (link for sketch above).

Maggie Holmes Mini Kit and Just Add Color Edition Full Collection available at Digital Project Life.

Krafty premium cardstock by Core’dinations.

I used my Silhouette Cameo and software to help make the basic shapes from the sketch. The black Silhouette Sketch Pen was used to make the border around the picture/DPL cards on the layout.  MondayFont was used for the journaling.  LD Zoot Suit font was used for the title. The arrow tab and both of the fonts were purchased through the Silhouette America Online Store.  Both of the DPL cards from Maggie’s kit were printed and cut using my Silhouette Cameo as well as the elements from the Just Add Color kit.  Bling accents from Imaginisce were applied to the layout using their I-Rock tool.  The twine is by My Mind’s Eye.  The bow was made using Unity Stamp Company’s bow maker and was attached using Tim Holtz’s tiny attacher.

Here’s a peek at the NEW Maggie Holmes Mini Kit and Just Add Color Edition Full Collection I used on the above layout. BOTH kits are phenomenal.  I’ve been using quite a bit of elements from Just Add Color and I KNOW I’ll be using Maggie’s new kit quite a lot.

bh_maggieholmes_prev_1024x1024

bh_justaddcolor_fullcollection_prev_1024x1024

Click on the above collection images to be taken directly to the product pages at Digital Project Life.

REMEMBER:  You can get Maggie’s NEW kit for 20% off the regular price until Sunday, February 2, 2014. 

No comments: