Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Provo Craft Projects for March

I was asked to make a 3D project for Mother's Day. Here's what I came up with using Cricut vinyl, alcohol inks, and the new Calligraphy Cricut cartridge. I cut the images from the latte-colored vinyl. While the images were still on the Cricut cutting mat, I applied alcohol inks, allowed time for them to dry, and then applied the images to the cup using the Cricut transfer tape. I really like how this turned out. The application of the alcohol inks came from necessity. I didn't have any colored vinyl that would coordinate with the cup I had. The cup was purchased from that local thrift store I like to frequent.



For my second March project, I was asked to use the new Sesame Street Cricut cartridges. Again, I used another item found at that local thrift store--the plain black frame. This frame holds a picture of Raiden last month and his current "favorites" list. I think I like this so much, I'm going to have to do another one to keep.



For the third March project, I was asked to use the new Sports Mania Cricut cartridge. As a family, we don't play a lot of sports, but we do play a lot of Wii Sports games, so I took this opportunity to make a layout using pictures I took of our Mii's. Looking through the images of this cartridge, there are a lot you can use even if you don't play sports. I love the clipboard image, which would be quite useful for cards and mini albums. There are also a lot of background images, like overlays, and layout-looking images, as well. This fabulous cartridge was designed by Art Warehouse's Danelle Johnson. It's pretty cool.



I had a lot of fun completing my assignments this month. Thanks for looking!

No comments: