Saturday, March 15, 2014

Dreams Come True—YES please!

dreams are the journeys

About three years ago, I stumbled upon a stamping vendor at a Scrapbook Expo in Sacramento, CA, that immediately caught my attention. Images SO creative and fresh! That day, I left with quite a few Unity stamps—more stuff from Unity than any other vendor at the Expo. Unity has been my “stamp of choice” ever since. On the flyer that was put in my bag, it said “like” Unity on Facebook to win some Unity. I hurried home not just to “like” them right away but also to share my NEW finds with my family.  I knew these were images that everyone could enjoy creating with and I just wanted to show my hubby (he’s got good taste after all). So, I “liked” Unity on Facebook because I wanted more Unity. Then I became a Kit of the Month subscriber because I wanted more Unity. Then I was buying up Itty-Bitty’s whenever I could afford it. With the sales that Angela masterminds with precision, it’s easily affordable. And the Fashionistas and AngieGirls—wow!  I found myself looking forward to the projects and cards made by the Unity Design Team during Blog Hop Thursday’s, in e-mails and on Facebook, and when the NEW monthly Unity [be inspired] Challenges with sketches AND a color combo were posted to the Unity blog.

Then, you know what happened? I fell for the Unity community when joining the Unity Show & Tell Facebook page. The community is so very friendly and supportive. It is refreshing to see all of the projects and cards created by the community. INS-PIR-A-TION Central. Unity inspires me to create projects I’m proud to share WITH a community that is HAPPY to share with each other.

I’m so honored and HAPPY to announce that I’ve been selected to be on the UNITY DESIGN TEAM!!!!!!!!!!  This was a dream come true! I’ve never applied for something I so wanted to be apart of more than this.

THANK YOU Angela Magnuson!  You have made a company like no other in this industry. I love Unity AND I’m so proud to be apart of the TEAM that is Unity.

Enough about me, already--here’s a list of artists who made the Unity Design Team--I’m so thrilled to see their names and have been inspired by their work often:

Rachel Kleinman - www.rwkrafts.com

Kassi Hulet -http://kassicreations.blogspot.com/

Kary Lim - http://karyg.blogspot.com/

Kris Lancaster - http://www.klcardcollection.blogspot.com/

Angeline Choo - http://www.scrappyscrappy.blogspot.com/

Swarup - http://sanketij.blogspot.com/

Dreams are the Journeys that Empower the Soul Card Supplies

Reach for the Stars stamp set by Phyllis Harris available from Unity Stamp Company (scanned into my computer, converted to png file, and printed-and-cut with my Silhouette Cameo and Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550). The background was watercolored in ArtRage using my Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. The cute little girl/kitty were colored using Copic markers in Sketchbook Pro 6 and paper-pieced digitally using Basic Grey’s Out of Print Patterned Papers available at jessicasprague.com. Both the kitty and the little girl were adhered with 3D Zots for dimension.

The card base was made in Silhouette Studio DE and was cut from Close to My Heart cardstock. The little gold stars were cut from gold cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo.

All print-and-cut items were printed and cut using Matte Photo Paper by Staples/Silhouette Cameo/Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

6 comments:

Melissa Czapor said...

WOOOHOOOO!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! I know how much you wanted to be part of this team. I can't wait to see all your fabulous creations from one of my favorite stamp companies!!! HUGS!!!!!!!

Karen (karey2005) said...

A well-deserved honor! Congratulations! Beautiful words and a beautiful card too!

Camille Robinson said...

Thanks Melissa and Karen--I'm still spinning . . .

Trini said...

I have enjoyed Unity stamps since 2009! I am so happy that I now personally know a design team member. I will definitely be re-subscribing to the KOM because of you! Can't wait to see more of your Unity creations! Go Camille go!!!

Camille Robinson said...

Unity is the best-est. Always new stuff. I love getting the KOM. Thanks for stopping by, Trini! Keep pinning.

Andrea Murdock said...

I am late to the party commenting here but I am REALLY glad you are part of the Unity family xo