Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hello. Autumn!

crobinson_092113lg

What a perfect day to add to my newly found obsession—my art journal planner!  The weather outside was cooperative, mostly rain, wind, and cooler temperatures.  Just the right time of year for me to enjoy my crafty nest.  On this page, I used a print from Nancie Rowe Janitz’s Autumn Canvas Collection (coming soon to jessicasprague.com) as the background, the stamped collage from Unity Stamp Company’s August Kit of the Month, and some Silhouette designs to complete the page.  The word “autumn” was placed on the journal page using the Silhouette sketch pen.  Inktense pencils were used to color the collage on top of the printed background.  The butterflies in the collage were given dimension by using them on canvas, sewing them in place on the page, and bending their little wings slightly toward the middle of their bodies.  The heart was colored in using an Inktense pencil, then outlined with a distress marker, and sewn into place on the page, bending it toward its middle for dimension.  I had a fun time getting lost in my own little world today.

Here’s a peek at Nancie’s new collection coming soon to jessicasprague.com.

nrj-autumncanvas-preview

No comments: