Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Santa was here!

santa was herelg

My last layout of the year!  I was on a streak making Valentine cards when all of a sudden I was inspired to do a Christmas layout.  Go figure. I guess I just wanted to get the last bit of holiday in on a holiday.  Happy New Year!

Santa was here! Layout Supplies

From Digital Project Life, I used NEW Project Life Template Squared Away 10, bits and pieces from Just Add Color, and Crystal Wilkerson’s Merry and Bright Mini Kit.

I used my Silhouette Cameo with software to trace the Project Life Template. The black Silhouette Sketch Pen was used to make the dashed line around the template.  The little camera is from the Just Add Color digital kit which I made into a cut file.  Bling accents from Imaginisce were applied to the camera using their I-Rock tool.  The little camera was attached to the layout using 3D Zots. The heart is also from Just Add Color and was made into a cut file.  Glossy Accents by Ranger was applied to the heart. The “Santa was Here” was made into a cut file and adhered to the middle of the filler card using 3D Zots. The filler card is from the Merry and Bright Mini Kit.

The snowflakes are a Silhouette America file and were cut using filler cards from the Merry and Bright Mini Kit.  The buttons were sewn onto the little snowflakes using the button foot with my Singer Futura.

The red jute is by American Crafts. It was tied in a bow using Unity Stamp Company’s bow maker, wrapped around the journaling card, and then adhered using Tim Holtz’s Tiny Attacher. 

I like using the digital versions of Project Life because I’m able to fill shapes in Silhouette Studio with the filler and journaling cards from the digital kits and embellish my layouts and resize the cards to fit my needs.

Here’s a peek at the Just Add Color Edition Full Collection, Merry and Bright Mini Kit, and Squared Away 10 template that were used on the above layout.  Click on the images below to be taken directly to the product pages at Digital Project Life.

bh_justaddcolor_fullcollection_prev_1024x1024

bh_merry_bright_prev_1024x1024 bh_squaredaway10_prev

No comments: